
I don't know if I have posted my bucket list before.... I think it changes every so often anyway. Did you see the movie "The Bucket List"? I liked it, and it makes you think. We're here to learn and grow and experience life. I want to better myself, and accomplish things that I've been dreaming about doing, but never pushed myself to do or been able to do in life yet. So here is my list so far...
1. Re-teach myself how to play the piano
2. Learn to play the harp... (I love harp music and cello music)
3. Take a cake decorating class and learn to make beautiful gum paste flowers
4. Learn to quilt... not just tie a quilt ..but really quilt
5. Hold my newborn grand-babies (that one is out of my control, but I still want to)
6. Own either a bassett hound named 'Rumpledinx' or a french bull dog named 'Newman'
7. Own my own little bakery shop or a catering business
8. Get back into the routine of exercising everyday like I used to.
That's it so far...As for # 2, Jim says I'm really good at harping already ...men! And as for # 6 which do you pick....

or

(I think I like the little French Bull dog... wouldn't he be cute following me around in my kitchen begging for a taste of whatever it is I'm cooking?) but then the bassett hound and I match.... long body, short legs. Hmmmmmmmmm......
Right now I'm accomplishing one of them. I randomly called 'Michael's' a couple of weeks ago because I heard they did "Wilton' cake decorating classes, and guess what?
They had one starting that very week! And for the month of April it was 50% off tuition!! I started taking them, it was a basic cake decorating class, and then next month a 'fondant, and gumpaste' class starts!! That's my dream come true!!! I took my first class on the 7th and mostly just listened that night. Then last night was my second class and we decorated our first cake. I know I kind of knew how to decorate cakes before, but that was just what I taught myself from watching the cake decorator at Albertson's. It's so fun to learn the technical way and learn little tips to help bake your cakes better, and make better frosting so the consistency helps with your decorating. My niece Emily is taking them with me and we have sooo much fun. If you know me, when I get excited about something, I get REALLY excited about it. I tend to blurt things out in class, and laugh when I'm happy things are turning out (kind of like a little evil villan laugh or something), I just seem to forget I'm not at home in my own kitchen!! Anyway... here's a pic of my first decorated cake... I know it's not really professional looking yet, and yes, I got crumbs in my frosting (frosting was too thick and the cake was soft) but I'm learning, and practice makes perfect, right?
The point is... I'm doing one of the things I've been wanting to do for a looonnnng time, and having fun while doing it! AND having a few good giggles with my niece.
3 comments:
I love it your cake Diane! I am so glad you joined the class, I know you have wanted to do that for a long time. Madeline wants you to make a topsy turvy cake like on Alice in Wonderland for her birthday. ;-)
That would be way fun Katy!!! Lets do it! When is her birthday again?
I still smile at your evil villain laugh. :)
Post a Comment