Sarah and her roomie Jamie...
Sarah and her roomie Jessica....

all 3 eating at Cheesecake factory.
Her backyard view is one of the beautiful Utah mountains, she's in a quiet neighborhood, only 15 minutes from BYU or UVU, and that's going down University Avenue instead of the Freeway. She's currently looking for a job, but has filled out lots of applications... wonder where she'll end up (please not a clothing store!! I know she would do good there, but the temptation would be too great to spend her paycheck!) Her roomies are way nice, Jessica, who's grandparents owned the house they are all renting, is 25, and she works at a scrapbook store?? I just remember she sold cricut accessories too, woo hoo!!! and Jamie, who is 26, and works at the hospital and is a CNA and going to school. I wonder if she knows some eligible doctors?? Hmmm......
Anyway, I need to back up. Last Thursday, we rented a U-haul trailer and loaded the many boxes, Sarah's bed, dresser's and new vintage vanity table into.
We packed our overnight bags, opened a new checking account for Sarah, in a bank that was both here and in Provo. Then after a good nights sleep we got up and hit the road!! It was a BEAUTIFUL day for a change, a little windy but not bad, and warm! Jim and Andy were in the truck pulling the trailer,
and Sarah and I were in her little car which was loaded with wall decor, and last minute things.
We had a good drive chatting, and visiting. We found her house when we got to Provo and got out to almost 80 degree weather!! I couldn't believe it!! She actually had tulips coming up in the flower beds at her house, and across the street she had a blossoming tree, (which made us both start singing, "I looked out the window and what did I see?") Oh she was so happy and excited!! We got the trailer unpacked, so JIm and Andy took it back to the U-haul place, while Sarah and I made her room liveable.
Then we went to our Motel, which was 20 minutes away in Orem, but nice, it was the Marriot townsuites, and you might as well just move in there for good!
Free continental breakfast, and it had a kitchen, tv, beds, bathroom, what more do you need? Anyway, after we got the suitcases out of the car and into our room,
we decided to go eat at the "Spaghetti Factory" Yummo!!!
We got our food, and Andrew had the meat lover's spaghetti which had meatballs, and italian sausage in a rich spaghetti sauce..... well it came to the table with 2 huge meatballs and a whole italian sausage.... think about what that must have looked like for a minute.....
As soon as the waiter put the plate down and left, we all looked at each other and burst out laughing....LOL
When we were done, we got up to leave and were by the door, when 30 uniform clad Navy men walked in, in single file... Sarah was in front of us, I was right behind her, and yes, she looked at each and everyone, the whole time saying.. "Oh my,..Oh my goodness... if I would have know this I would have dressed up!" "and Mom... did you plan this? is it a late birthday present?" She was in awe!!! I couldn't help but laugh....quite a few of the guys eyed her too. If this is any indication of what's in Provo... well she was happy.
Then Sarah and I got groceries for her house, and went back to unpack clothes. JIm and Andy relaxed in the motel. We had tickets for Conference on Sat. for the afternoon session. So after unpacking a few boxes and chatting with the new roomies, we decided to call it a night.
We got up and got ready for conference.
Andy and Jim had never been,
Sarah and I went last Fall, but she was in the media room. We left at 12:00 and parked in the Plaza motel parking garage, made it over for our session in plenty of time, we were even on the front row of our section!!
We got excellent seats!! We even saw a 'ghost'!!! (actually someone walked right in front of my camera while I took a pic, this is what it looked like)!
And visited with the little ladie missionaries that were ushers. Before you knew it it was time for the prophet to walk in. My goodness, that is a neat thing to experience!! imagine how it is right before sacrament meeting starts, with the talking only multiply that by 100, then all of a sudden in walks the prophet and his couselors, and the whole place is suddenly dead silent..... it makes your heart swell, and I think we all got tears in our eyes!! It was awesome. We enjoyed our session and the talks, and then made our way out of the conference center and back to the car.
We went to the Gateway mall, Jim needed a new holder for is I-phone. We ate at Thaiphoons, they have the best fried calimari ever, and then we went back to Provo. We changed and Sarah and I went to her place for more unpacking. We got a lot done, and then called it a night.
Sunday, we got up and went to Sarah's and got more of her things settled. This is her room, we had it mostly done, except she hung pictures up after we left.
I am glad I got to see her house and help unpack....Love her room!
We felt we needed to get going, so we ate at Texas Roadhouse before saying goodbye. That was hard for me. I cried. Sarah was excited, she felt like "I don't want to go home" and then realized, "wait, I live here now, I dont' have to go back" . This is the farthest from home Sarah has ever been. I guess it's time to cut the apron strings, but hard. I don't think she will ever move back home. I am just happy she is happy. Jim, Andy and I had a good, but long drive home. I cried off and on all the way back home. Sarah and I have been really close, and able to share a lot in this old world. I know if I keep praying for her to be safe, she will be.
Then it was time to unpack and get ready to start back in the real world of work and school.
I just hope and pray things will work out for Sarah, she can work, and finish school, and I pray she will meet the man of her dreams there, who will be the man she needs him to be.
I know if she prays, and goes to church and does what she's supposed to, the right guy will come along.
But for now, I think she's enjoying spreading her wings, and finding out what the world is like, outside of Blackfoot and Rexburg.(And after Andy saw what it was like, I think he will soon follow!)
We love you Sarah and Andy! and will support you with what ever you do and where ever you go! And you are always welcome back home. :o)
1 comment:
That was such a fun weekend with you guys :0 thank you for bein so wonderful and helping and for all the support. I'm so happy and wish I would have moved sooner. I love being there with you guys, but this is so wonderful. :)
Post a Comment